Most research has shown that fresh garlic provides a better means of obtaining garlic's benefits, but garlic capsules are an alternative option, especially if you don't like the taste or odor of fresh garlic. Garlic capsules contain concentrated garlic powder, essential oil or powdered extract. While garlic has a number of potential health uses for men and women, some research has shown that garlic may have specific benefits for women. Consult your doctor before using any dietary supplements.
Candidiasis, also known as thrush, is a yeast infection that occurs due to the overgrowth of the fungus known as Candida albicans. Although yeast infections can occur on a variety of body parts, women typically experience vaginal yeast infections. An in vitro study published in the August 1991 issue of the journal, "Phytotherapy Research" showed that specific compounds in garlic, known as diallyl thiosulphinate, or allicin, methyl allyl thiosulphinate, and allyl methyl thiosulphinate, also found in garlic powder, have antimicrobial and antifungal effects. The researchers report that "the anticandidal activities of commercially available garlic supplement products corresponded in general to the activities known for the chemical compounds found in the products."
Potential Anticancer Properties
The National Cancer Institute reports that some studies show that garlic may help prevent certain types of cancer, such as colon, breast and stomach cancer, possibly due to its antibacterial properties or its potential ability to prevent cancer-causing substances from forming.
- Garlic has been found to assist babies to gain weight while they are in the womb.
Next time you have a baby prepare to have garlic breath. Except if you have a history of large babies in which case maybe you want to skip the extra doses?
- Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, coughs and congestion.
In the winter months garlic is a great food to boost your immune system and ward off colds and flu.
- Garlic contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions.
Treatment with garlic has been shown to greatly improve this condition.
- Scurvy is treated by vitamin C and garlic contains good levels of vitamin C too.
- Cardiovascular disease can be reduced by ingesting garlic.
LDL cholesterol is no friend of garlic and the aortic plaque deposits that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic too. Studies have shown the amazing benefits of taking garlic in relation to heart disease.
- Garlic is a great source of vitamin B6 which is needed for a healthy immune system and the efficient growth of new cells.
Vitamin B6 can also assist with mood swings and improve your cheery disposition!
- Garlic can aid in the prevention of multiple types of cancer.
Bladder cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and stomach cancer have all been shown to have their tumors reduced when treated with garlic. Vitamin B6 is said to have cancer fighting abilities.
- Garlic regulates blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood.
This may assist in the control of diabetes.
- Garlic Contains Antioxidants That May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Garlic May Help You Live Longer
Effects on longevity are basically impossible to prove in humans.
But given the beneficial effects on important risk factors like blood pressure, it makes sense that garlic could help you live longer.
The fact that it can fight infectious disease is also an important factor, because these are common causes of death, especially in the elderly or people with dysfunctional immune systems.
- Eating Garlic Can Help Detoxify Heavy Metals in the Body
- Garlic May Improve Bone Health
Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females.
- Garlic is a very good for sexual health:
Garlic increases libido for both genders. Normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. It is a great and economy food for a good sex health