Senna Tea Benefits:
- If you often feel constipated, you know this can be a painful problem. Senna tea is a strong laxative used to relieve constipation by stimulating your colon muscle.
- Constipation may be the result of dehydration and low consumption of fiber, even stress and tension may bring it about.
So begin by taking senna herbal tea in the lowest dose possible as too much may cause unpleasant effects. Be patient and wait between 6 to 12 hours for it to start working.
- Though senna will help as an occasional severe constipation treatment method, it’s best to start including fiber in your diet and to drink plenty of water. Exercise may also help if your intestinal problems are caused by stress.
Weight Loss Tea
This cleansing tea indeed reduces your appetite, but it also helps food move more quickly through the intestine before all the nutrients and calories are absorbed in the body.
Use a senna infusion as an initial cleansing method to rid your body of toxins and harmful waste.
Other Uses for a Natural Laxative
his cleansing tea can be used to expel intestinal worms and toxins from your body.
It comes in great aid if you have undergone rectal surgery or have a hernia, particularly inguinal hernias.
It’s also useful if you need to have a colonoscopy performed on you. Drinking this tea prior to your medical exam and letting it clear your intestines will result in a clearer and sharper image for your doctor to analyse. Consult your doctor beforehand.
Do not take this tea if you belong to one of the following groups:
- If you are pregnant, nursing or have an inflamed uterus, then avoid drinking senna herbal tea. You should not give it to your children.
- Do you suffer from abdominal hernia, liver or kidney diseases, cystitis, dehydration, nausea? Then you should also avoid this tea.
- Are you taking medication, suffer from heart disease, anemia or blood vessel diseases? Senna tea is not for you. Consult with your doctor for another laxative that does not interact with any medication you may be on.
- If you suffer from appendicitis or inflammatory intestinal disorders, such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids or ulcers, senna tea is not recommended for you.